Sr Development Lead – Flocculants and Coagulants
CarboNet Nanotechnologies is a company devoted to creating a world without contaminated water. To do this, we bring multiple fields of science together to challenge the status quo and provide better solutions to complex water problems. Drawing from biology, chemistry, engineering and physics, we target contaminants with precision so that water can be re-used, rather than disposed as toxic waste.
At CarboNet, the team works together to deliver our customers safer, cheaper, and environmentally friendly alternatives to their water treatment needs. Our team is our strength and is on a constant mission to change the world and most importantly, enjoy the ride.
Located in the beautiful city of Vancouver, Canada, CarboNet offers an inspiring and fun workplace where people can learn from one another to foster innovation and creativity. If you want to apply your talent and skills to make an impact on our most important resource, and you thrive on the energy and challenges of a cool start-up… then CarboNet is the place for you!
What You Will Be Doing
As Development Lead- Flocculants and Coagulants at CarboNet, you will work with the research and development team to develop, implement, and integrate next generation water treatment chemicals for remediation of contaminated water. You will contribute through product development, product testing, water treatment package design, and support other members of the team to continually advance the current chemistries.
To do this, you will …
- Oversee and supervise the design of novel water treatment packages
- Oversee development of next generation flocculant and coagulant chemistries
- Perform analytical experiments and pilot scale water treatment processes
- Oversee and develop junior scientists and engineers to meet project deadlines
- Develop, update, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for internal and external use
- Collaborate with laboratory management
- Interface with commercial and product implementation teams
- Interface with academic liaisons (University professors)
- Mentor junior scientists and trainees
- Maintain a safe and fun lab environment
Experimental capabilities and knowledge set:
- Strong knowledge in standard jar testing protocols for design of water treatment packages (mixing velocity, scale up factors, settling rate calculation)
- Knowledge of zeta potential and coagulation theory
- Knowledge of flocculant chemistry and theory
- Programming abilities, quantitative approaches to video and image processing.
- Factorial experiment design (CCD)
- Ph.D. materials chemistry/chemical engineering/ or related field
- Proven experience in water treatment product development
- +5 years of experience leading independent projects
- Proficiency working with colorimetric assays, titration, UV-VIS spectrometry, viscometers, focused beam reflectance, and image processing software.
- Possess significant work experience particularly with flocculants, coagulants, and jar testing
- Aptitude to operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in water treatment a distinct advantage
Job Type: Full-time
About our Culture
We only have one corporate policy, affectionately dubbed as Policy #1 = No A$$holes. Intrigued? Interview with us!
Please contact email@example.com if this role is of interest. We will only notify candidates that are seriously being considered for the position.