Senior Analytical Chemist
CarboNet Nanotechnologies is a company devoted to creating a world without contaminated water. To do this, we bring multiple fields of science together to challenge the status quo and provide better solutions to complex water problems. Drawing from biology, chemistry, engineering and physics, we target contaminants with precision so that water can be re-used, rather than disposed as toxic waste.
At CarboNet, the team works together to deliver our customers safer, cheaper, and environmentally friendly alternatives to their water treatment needs. Our team is our strength and is on a constant mission to change the world and most importantly, enjoy the ride.
Located in the beautiful city of Vancouver, Canada, CarboNet offers an inspiring and fun workplace where people can learn from one another to foster innovation and creativity. If you want to apply your talent and skills to make an impact on our most important resource, and you thrive on the energy and challenges of a cool start-up… then CarboNet is the place for you!
What You Will Be Doing
As Senior Analytical Chemist at CarboNet, you will work with the research and development team to aid in development of new NanoNet formulations for remediation of contaminated water. You will contribute through workflow development, equipment maintenance and operation, and support other members of the team to generate high-throughput treatment data.
To do this, you will …
- Perform analytical experiments to fulfill project needs in a dynamic environment
- Develop and implement quality control tests, procedures, and specifications
- Ensure compliance with regulations through auditing and quality systems
- Develop, update, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Collaborate with laboratory management
- Support product development by developing and managing QC release assays, documentation for final product release, and stability testing
- Develop analytical assays to support NanoNet screens and prepare strategies for analysis of non-standard contaminants
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment (NMR, ICP-OES, HPLC, GPC, GC, FT-IR, UV-Vis, DLS, DSC)
- Present data in clear, concise reports for use in internal research guidance and patent submissions
- Interface with R&D team
- Mentor junior scientists and trainees
- Maintain a safe and fun lab environment
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Sciences/related field (Preferred)
- Proven experience working as Senior Analytical Chemist
- 5+ years of experience leading independent projects
- Proficiency working with colorimetric assays, titration, UV-VIS spectrometry
- Possess significant work experience particularly with HPLC, ICP-OES, and NMR
- Aptitude to operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in water treatment a distinct advantage
Job Type: Full-time
About our Culture
We only have one corporate policy, affectionately dubbed as Policy #1 = No A$$holes. Intrigued? Interview with us!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this role is of interest. We will only notify candidates that are seriously being considered for the position.