CarboNet Nanotechnologies is a company devoted to creating a world without contaminated water. To do this, we bring multiple fields of science together to challenge the status quo and provide better solutions to complex water problems. Drawing from biology, chemistry, engineering and physics, we target contaminants with precision so that water can be re-used, rather than disposed as toxic waste.
At CarboNet, the team works together to deliver our customers safer, cheaper, and environmentally friendly alternatives to their water treatment needs. Our team is our strength and is on a constant mission to change the world and most importantly, enjoy the ride.
Located in the beautiful city of Vancouver, Canada, CarboNet offers an inspiring and fun workplace where people can learn from one another to foster innovation and creativity. If you want to apply your talent and skills to make an impact on our most important resource, and you thrive on the energy and challenges of a cool start-up… then CarboNet is the place for you!
What You Will Be Doing
As Laboratory Manager at CarboNet, you will work with the research and development team to aid in development of new NanoNet formulations for remediation of contaminated water. You will contribute through workflow development, equipment maintenance and operation, and support other members of the team to generate high-throughput treatment data. In order to succeed as a Laboratory Manager you will need to be meticulous and independent when carrying out your duties, successfully maintain records of laboratory processes and equipment, optimizing lab procedures and generate reports for laboratory management.
To do this, you will …
- Be responsible for day-to-day operation of the laboratory including managing supply and inventory
- Perform analytical experiments to fulfill project needs in a dynamic environment
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate laboratory equipment (HPLC, ICP-OES, NMR, GPC, FT-IR, UV-Vis, DLS, DSC)
- Prepare strategies for analysis of non-standard contaminants, including equipment sourcing and calibration
- Organize and store all chemical substances, fluids, and compressed gases and ensure that safety guidelines are adhered to at all times within the laboratory
- Candidates will be required to prepare standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Present data in clear, concise reports for use in internal research guidance and patent submissions
- Interface with R&D team
- Mentor junior scientists and trainees
- Maintain a safe and fun lab environment
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related field (Preferred)
- Proven experience working as Laboratory Manager
- Working experience with colorimetric assays, titration, UV-VIS spectrometry, ICP-OES, HPLC, NMR, GPC, GC, GC/MS, TLC
- 5+ years work experience in laboratory setting
- Aptitude to operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in water treatment a distinct advantage Job Type: Full-time
About our Culture
We only have one corporate policy, affectionately dubbed as Policy #1 = No A$$holes. Intrigued? Interview with us!
Please contact email@example.com if this role is of interest. We will only notify candidates that are seriously being considered for the position.