JD Jr Scientist
CarboNet Nanotechnologies is a company devoted to creating a world without contaminated water. To do this, we bring multiple fields of science together to challenge the status quo and provide better solutions to complex water problems. Drawing from biology, chemistry, engineering and physics, we target contaminants with precision so that water can be re-used, rather than disposed as toxic waste.
At CarboNet, the team works together to deliver our customers safer, cheaper, and environmentally friendly alternatives to their water treatment needs. Our team is our strength and is on a constant mission to change the world and most importantly, enjoy the ride.
Located in the beautiful city of Vancouver, Canada, CarboNet offers an inspiring and fun workplace where people can learn from one another to foster innovation and creativity. If you want to apply your talent and skills to make an impact on our most important resource, and you thrive on the energy and challenges of a cool start-up… then CarboNet is the place for you!
What You Will Be Doing
As Junior Scientist at CarboNet, you will work with the research and development team to aid in development of new Nanonet formulations for remediation of contaminated water. You will contribute through workflow development and support other members of the team to generate high-throughput treatment data. To do this, you will …
- Discover new Nanonet formulations and chemistries that support water treatment
- Develop high-throughput methods to screen Nanonet libraries
- Execute experiments to fulfill project needs in a dynamic environment
- Develop, update, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Write and prepare scientific reports for use in grant applications, internal research guidance, and patent submissions
- Assist in operating and maintaining laboratory equipment (NMR, HPLC, MP-AES, DLS, FT-IR, UV-Vis, GPC, DSC)
- Interface with R&D team
- Mentor trainees
- Maintain a safe and fun lab environment
- B.Sc. in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Polymer Science/related field
- +2 years of experience leading independent projects
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Experienced in academic writing (lead writer of scientific reports, publications, patents, and/or grants)
- Proficient with nanoscale sizing methods (DLS, SEC-MALS, zeta-potential)
- Experience with microfluidic techniques for nanoparticle synthesis and manipulation are a distinct advantage
Job Type: Full-time