CarboNet – Marketing Internship
CarboNet is a specialty chemicals company with a radically different approach for targeting and controlling molecules in water for removing contaminants. With a mission of creating a new class of chemistry to accelerate the transition to recycled water, our suite of products are a quantum leap in efficacy over commodity chemicals. We help customers across industries that include oil and gas, mining, pulp & paper, industrial water, and agriculture to achieve unprecedented results. The outcomes are more water treated, more applications possible, and greater value from existing systems–all with a smaller chemical footprint, less freshwater consumed, and less complexity. CarboNet was recently named to the Foresight 50, a list of Canada’s high-growth companies in clean technology.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Intern will help own the implementation of the Salesforce.com CRM to support the commercial and marketing teams. This involves detail-oriented work in ensuring accurate customer information and data. Additionally, there will be opportunities to support and collaborate in the areas of email marketing, event management, social media, and other areas of the marketing function.
To be successful in this role, you’ll leverage critical thinking as well as project management skills to get marketing initiatives over the finish line.
The Marketing Intern will be expected to:
- Work directly with commercial team to gather prospect/ customer contact, account, and opportunity data
- As part of a Salesforce.com implementation, manipulate customer data to support data migration from legacy systems
- Contribute to event planning, logistics and promotion
- Work in close collaboration with marketing and commercial teams to drive event sign ups and attendance
- Develop and execute on email marketing campaigns
- Help manage and launch social media presence on various platforms
- Support market / competitive research initiatives
- A demonstrated willingness and ability to learn technical information quickly
- Expertise in content marketing and campaign best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets
- Concise and effective written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable in a rapidly growing environment with ability to balance multiple priorities
- Extensive experience working with cross functional teams
- Ability to work autonomously with a geographically dispersed team
- Self-driven with exceptional project management skills with internal and external stakeholders
About Our Culture
At CarboNet™, we aim to be truly world class—in the customer experience we deliver, in the chemistry we provide, and in our team. We only have one corporate policy, affectionately dubbed as Policy #1 = No A$$holes.
Our operating principles are simple. We are open, honest and direct. We are empowered and we are owners. We are frugal. We are apolitical. We kill complexity. Finally, we encourage our talented team to move with velocity: make decisions, be accountable and keep moving forward.
Please contact email@example.com if this role is of interest. We will only notify candidates that are seriously being considered for the position.