Field Application Specialist
“If you are mission-driven, a self-starter, obsessed with the customer experience, and keen to lend your technical knowledge and experience to be part of an exciting new class of chemistry for water treatment…. then this job is for you!”
CarboNet™ collaborates with companies across industries – from oil & gas, to mining and agriculture – to more effectively clean and treat their water and solve their industry-specific problems with our new class of chemistry. Unlike conventional treatment methods, our customers can recycle more, dispose less, and minimize hazardous chemicals. The quantifiable and visual effect of our technology on our clients’ wastewater and the environment is fundamentally what inspires us every day.
This role is critical to growing the distribution of our water treatment products. CarboNet™ is well capitalized, on a steep revenue trajectory, and has several marquee accounts to kick off your water application journey with CarboNet™. We are also releasing new innovative products to address various issues in wastewater treatment. Our strategy is to only release products into markets where we can be positioned as the best tech at the best price. This gives you the ability to support and demonstrate CarboNet™ products with clearly differentiated value propositions from the competition.
The Application Field Specialist will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and will be assigned to support specific members of the commercial team, as well as CarboNet’s technical team. Over time, we will be developing a team of Field Application Specialists.
- Working with your assigned commercial manager, actively pursue new opportunities and applications within the water treatment market of the assigned region
- Work with the commercial manager to identify potential business within their territory
- Accompany the commercial manager on customer calls and support them throughout the sales process
- Provide technical support for water treatment solutions, demonstrate an understanding of all solutions, and effectively communicate our product benefits and value to customers
- Assess customer fit to CarboNet products based on incumbent chemical package and application system
- Develop an understanding of the customer’s individual needs through water testing (bench scales, reporting) and needs analysis (including application of the chemistry)
- Provide technical support to key clients in assigned territory including pre-bid support and budget estimates
- Ability to comprehend and foster complex customer relationships.
Technical Support Duties:
- Perform water testing to assess and understand product fit to prospective and current customers (bench scales)
- Develop reports of any analysis completed to present internally to CarboNet’s technical and commercial teams as well as externally to the customer
- Design and lead commercial-scale demonstrations of CarboNet™ products in client water treatment systems
- Minimum of 5 years in water treatment as a prior application specialist, either at a water treatment chemical company or technology or services company associated with water treatment
- Bachelor of Science, specialisation in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering would be an asset
- Impeccable safety record
- Up to date safety credentials *although this will vary by industry and employer will cover costs for training
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Travel to various customer and prospective customer sites expected (33% of the time)
- Candidate ideal location (broad) near or in Texas (Dallas, the Permian or Houston); Vancouver, Calgary or located near a well-established wastewater treatment region
About our Culture
At CarboNet™, we aim to be truly world class—in the customer experience we deliver, in the chemistry we provide, and in our team. We only have one corporate policy, affectionately dubbed as Policy #1 = No A$$holes.
Our operating principles are simple. We are open, honest and direct. We are empowered and we are owners. We are frugal. We are apolitical. We kill complexity. Finally, we encourage our talented team to move with velocity: make decisions, be accountable and keep moving forward.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this role is of interest. We will only notify candidates that are seriously being considered for the position.