CarboNet™ – Content Marketing Manager
CarboNet™ is a specialty chemicals company with a radically different approach for targeting and controlling molecules in water for removing contaminants. With a mission of creating a new class of chemistry to accelerate the transition to recycled water, our suite of products are a quantum leap in efficacy over commodity chemicals. We help customers across industries that include oil and gas, mining, pulp & paper, industrial water, and agriculture to achieve unprecedented results. The outcomes are more water treated, more applications possible, and greater value from existing systems–all with a smaller chemical footprint, less freshwater consumed, and less complexity. CarboNet™ was recently named to the Foresight 50, a list of Canada’s high-growth companies in clean technology.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Content Marketing Manager will own the strategy and development of CarboNet’s content marketing to drive thought leadership, growth and customer success across our market segments. This involves market and customer research, competitive intelligence, positioning and messaging, content creation and asset development, sales enablement and new product launches.
To be successful in this role, you’ll leverage strategic thinking as well as pragmatic content development to help translate highly technical concepts into concise benefits that audiences will value.
The Content Marketing Manager will be expected to:
- Develop and lead the content marketing strategy, working in close collaboration with the Commercial, Field Ops, R&D, and Product Management teams to identify key market drivers, challenges and opportunities that drive the strategic content roadmap which supports lead generation, pipeline conversion, thought leadership and customer success of CarboNet™ products across industries, including Oil & Gas, Mining, Agriculture, Pulp & Paper, and more.
- Research, develop, and communicate clear and concise value propositions and solution-based narratives that differentiate and drive demand for our solutions, as well as all stages and personas of the buyer lifecycle
- Identify opportunities for and develop content such as case studies, blog articles, testimonials, webinars, videos, email newsletters, ads, and contributed written articles
- Develop messaging and positioning strategies, as well as develop launch plans for new product releases and new applications/use cases.
- Assess the competitive landscape and build sales tools/battlecards to support sales teams
- Manage the social media strategy/content and brand voice, including developing, implementing, and tracking social media platforms (LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Establish brand presence on social media by maintaining relationships via communication/interaction with followers and group members
- A demonstrated willingness and ability to learn technical information quickly
- Experience in oil & gas, mining, or clean tech industry is preferred
- Expertise in content marketing and campaign best practices
- Proficiency in product marketing best practices
- Concise and effective written and verbal communicator, strong storyteller with technical marketing experience
- Comfortable in a rapidly growing environment with ability to balance multiple priorities
- Extensive experience working with cross functional teams
- Ability to work autonomously with a geographically dispersed team
- Self-driven with exceptional project management skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical, business, marketing, or equivalent experience is desirable
- 5+ years of relevant experience within a content marketing, marketing communication, product marketing, or technical marketing role
About Our Culture
At CarboNet™, we aim to be truly world class—in the customer experience we deliver, in the chemistry we provide, and in our team. We only have one corporate policy, affectionately dubbed as Policy #1 = No A$$holes.
Our operating principles are simple. We are open, honest and direct. We are empowered and we are owners. We are frugal. We are apolitical. We kill complexity. Finally, we encourage our talented team to move with velocity: make decisions, be accountable and keep moving forward.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this role is of interest. We will only notify candidates that are seriously being considered for the position.